Help for Haiti
I’m not one to watch a lot of TV – never really have been. Not even cartoons as a kid. But give me a good article to read and I’m sucked in. When it comes to information and data, I just can’t get enough! I read, then analyze, glean more data, reevaluate, read to gather more information… this can go on for hours, if not days. I’m just fascinated by information pertaining to news, laws, regulations, new gadgets, fashion trends and a good recipe – just to name a few.
But lately my head has been swimming with so much information pertaining to the pandemic, political fury, the turmoil in Afghanistan and the earthquake that has devastated Haiti. A magnitude 7.2 earthquake struck Haiti on Saturday, August 14th, causing widespread destruction with a death toll exceeding 2,000 and so many Haitians still missing. The country was still rebuilding from Hurricane Matthew which hit just five short years ago.
Wright’s Chapel continues to support Haiti and its mission to build and rebuild. Now, more than ever, our support as a church community is needed. Interested in supporting our friends in Haiti while spending time with your Wright’s Chapel friends? Bring the family and enjoy a BBQ dinner outside with us on Sunday, August 29th at 6:00 PM behind the church. We will be accepting a Love Offering to benefit Haiti. And, Clay will be performing!
Unable to attend Sunday’s event but would to participate in the Love Offering for Haiti? There are multiple ways to give,
- Online at Wright’s Chapel – click here
- By Text: text amount and Haiti to 84321
- By Mail: Wright’s Chapel UMC P.O. Box 193 Ladysmith, VA 22501
- Please write “Haiti Love Offering” in the memo section
Interested in other ways to support missions at Wright’s Chapel,
- The Mobile Ministry is collecting food and toiletry items. Needed items can be purchased online through Amazon and delivered directly to Wrights Chapel – it’s super easy and a great option for folks who worship online and/or reside outside of the county. Click this link to get started: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1TENRJ3UU96KY?ref_=wl_share
- Volunteers are needed and welcomed! If you have an interest in volunteer opportunities, please let me know. There are volunteer opportunities available whether you worship in-person or online:
- Mobile Ministry
- Cindy’s Closet
- Wood Ministry
- Building Ministry
- Micah Ministry
- Children/Youth Ministry
- and much more…
With the amazing attendance thorough online worship service at Wright’s Chapel, we’re excited to expand our outreach through online opportunities both within and outside of our community. Whether you choose to worship with us in-person or online from your home in Virginia or another state/country, we’re here to support you. Have a question about Wright’s Chapel? Do you have an interest in learning more about the ministries at Wright’s Chapel and how you can get involved? Feel free to reach out to me directly via email at email@example.com or by phone or text at 540-604-0038. I look forward to hearing from you.
As you continue to enjoy the remaining weeks of summer 2021, I welcome you to invite friends or family members to attend worship service with you. How great is it to have the option to attend worship service with loved ones remotely – from virtually anywhere! Oh, and don’t forget to say hello to us via the comments section – we’d love to know that you are worshiping with us.
I look forward to supporting you in our mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world – together, we can.