It takes a village….
I knew it took a lot to run a church. Well, at least I thought I knew. These past few months in my new part-time role as Director of Connection Ministries with Wright’s Chapel has not only challenged me but has opened my eyes. I’ve attended a few trainings with staff members from other churches, Charles, Shawn, and members of our church. I’ve also had the pleasure of speaking with many of the volunteers who lead and support the Ministries here at Wright’s Chapel. To date, I’ve observed and noted the following:
- Several churches the size of Wright’s Chapel have a much larger staff to keep things running smoothly.
- There is a lot, and I mean A LOT that goes into running the awesome Ministries being offered. Our volunteers are more than amazing and they truly love what they do for our community.
- We’ve been so blessed to have Charles as our Pastor for 30 years. That’s 30 down, and 30 to go…
- Connie knows every person who attends Wright’s Chapel (and their family pet), whether in-person or online – this lady is impressive.
- Shawn, Susan, and Holly have a truly awesome Spiritual gift. The love and attention they have for the children/youth they lead and serve is pure and genuine.
- Clay’s music videos rock – literally! Sometimes I catch myself dancing in my chair or singing hymns under my breath. Let’s just hope no one else sees me…
- Neither Charles nor I should ever be left in charge of preparing, creating, editing, uploading any visual or audio that is to be seen or heard by an audience. Thank you, Lord, for giving this Spiritual gift to Shawn and my son.
- Our church is like family. I’m honored to be able to observe folks interacting in-person on Sunday mornings, as well as online. We greet one another, pray for each other and we are kind. To me, this is family and I thank you for allowing me to be a part of it.
- Sophia’s cookies are the best around – hands down.
So, while it may not take a village, it certainly takes an entire staff and lots of volunteers to keep a church moving forward, and what awesome staff and volunteers we have at Wright’s Chapel.
With the amazing increase in attendance through online worship service at Wright’s Chapel, we’re excited to expand our outreach through online opportunities both within and outside of our community. Whether you choose to worship with us in-person or online from your home in Virginia or another state/country, we’re here to support you. Have a question about Wright’s Chapel? Do you have an interest in learning more about the ministries at Wright’s Chapel and how you can get involved? Feel free to reach out to me directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone or text at 540-604-0038. I look forward to hearing from you.
As you are enjoying time at home or on vacation this summer, I welcome you to invite friends or family members to attend worship service with you. How great is it to have the option to attend worship service with loved ones remotely – from virtually anywhere!
I look forward to supporting you in our mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world – together, we can.